RE: [TR6] camshaft replacement: any "tricks"?

Subject: RE: [TR6] camshaft replacement: any "tricks"?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:46:59 +0100 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
whats that reluctancy to do about five minutes more work to get cam timing
exactly where it should be? A cam timing disc costs the horrendous sum of 1£
and even has the instructions printed on it. You might need to purchase an
offset key but thats about it (a further 1.50£).
Not muich point I think to splash out on a performance cam and then not time
it. I probably get more power from a correctly timed stock cam than from a
sports thats 3degrees out.

Just my 2p worth.

Gernot