Re: switch plinth holes

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: Re: switch plinth holes
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:08:56 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/25/99 5:32:39 PM EST, peterz@merak.com writes:

<< You mean something more elegant than a drill and the largest
 > square file that will fit into the hole to form the flat side?

 I think so...as I see it, if I use the proper size bit, I will have removed
 the material for the flat spot. Using a smaller drill bit will result in the
 round part of the hole having the wrong diameter (too small). I can probably
 use a file to make the hole the right size after drilling with a "too small"
 bit, but I wanted to see if there was a tool which already does this.

 --- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO --- >>

I know!!
Take a large drill bit and file one side flat! Viola! "D" shaped drill bit!!!
:-)

You can keep these with your metric screwdrivers.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B