Re: switch plinth holes

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: switch plinth holes
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:04:11 EST
In a message dated 2/25/99 4:30:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, peterz@merak.com
writes:

> Does anyone have a technique for making such D shaped holes? (I don't have a
>  metal lathe or any other such equipment, no CNC machine either).

Peter,

Yes, use an undersized drill bit, a small file, and lots of patience.  For the
fuse panel in my TR6V8, I had to make 8 D-shaped holes. Have fun!

Or, if you have the money (and they are NOT cheap), you can buy chassis
punches from various electrical supply houses for this. I believe they are
available in the correct size for your use. You first drill a small pilot
hole, insert the two pieces of the punch, one on either side of the plate, and
tighten down on the bolt to punch out the hole.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74