Re: TR6 Run-on

Subject: Re: TR6 Run-on
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:54:03 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> A) I have always heard that a good high speed run will blow out the carbon.
> Whenever you buy a car that was driven by a little old lady, this is what
> you're supposed to do.

Can't say as I've seen many little old dears drivin' TR6's lately!!! :-)

> B) From what I've read on the list, don't worry about the no-lead gas, the
> seats are already hard enough.

I run my Spit on alternate tanks of leaded and unleaded, am I suppose to chage
the
timing for the unleaded, as I get even crappier performance than usual(nearly
the
same as Tom's diesel Spit :-)) and it's quite a bit worse on fuel than it is
with
good old high explosive non-carcenogenic unenvironmentally friendly stuff!!! :-)

> C) Some have mentioned ignition timing as being related to dieseling, but I
> can't see how it's connected at all. Remember, the gas is igniting with the
> ignition shut off. The reason I thought of this is I also own a diesel car,
>and
> it diesels really well with no ignition system at all.

See Tom O'Malley! :-)

> D) Another de-coking method I've heard is to pour some ATF down your carbs
>with
> the engine revving reasonably high, so it doesn't stall. This apparently works
> great and causes lots of exciting smoke. It could be tough with side draft
> carbs though.

ISTR hearing, possibly on this list, that you can rev the engine a bit and at
the
same time spray a fine spray of water in the carbs for the same effect!  Is the
right????

Cheers

Rich

ps, why do SeaGulls have wings?  To beat the gypo's to the tip!!! :-)