Re: TR6 Run-on

To: dynamic@transport.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Run-on
From: triumph@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 99 09:00:28 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Pete Chadwell wrote:
        > [snip]....my understanding is that although
        > build-up of carbon in the combustion chambers COULD
        > cause the run-on, it is by no means the only cause possible.

FWIW, my TR6 used to diesel, and I screwed around with vacuume
hoses, the anti-run-on valve (1974 model), ensured timing was
at factory specs., etc.  Nothing cured the dieseling.

Then I changed to electronic ignition (with Lucas Sports coil).
No more dieseling.

Since then I've even removed the anti-run-on valve, superfluous vaccume
lines (except for a line running to thge dizzy) and all breather
contraptions (now dumps into a bottle).  Still no dieseling.

I have no explanation as to why changing from points to EI stopped
the dieseling.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego