RE: TR6 Run-on

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Run-on
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:38:54 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Jack Drews wrote:
>My newly purchased TR6 diesels after being shut off. .....

Now I know that I will definitely get flamed, get called silly and worse,
but.

I have owned several vehicles, and I still do this to the day.  If every
10th tank of fuel you add a bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol (the cheap stuff,
$0.25 from Wal-Mart), it will keep the inside of your motor clean, burning
off the carbon and STOP IT FROM DIESELING!  First hand experience knows this
works.  People have told me that I will damage fuel pumps, O2 sensors (on
newer cars), fuel line, etc., but I have proved them wrong.  I had a camaro
that I got better than 450,000 miles on, that I did this monthly, with the
entire original fuel system intact when I retired the car.  My old Vega used
to diesel occasionally, when it started to do it, I knew it was time to add
the alcohol, when I rebuilt the engine (do to a blown head gasket), the
cylinders, valves, and heads were clean.  I would never recommend something
to anyone that I won't do myself, I don't know for sure why it works so
well, but I swear by it.

Bill
78 Spit