Re: Voltage Stabilizer, was re: electric oil

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Voltage Stabilizer, was re: electric oil
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:52:48 -0500
Message text written by George Richardson
>I made up a regulator for the TR4 temperature gauge I installed in my
TR3. The current draw on it was very small, less than 100ma. An LM317 1
amp adjustable regulator should be more than enough to handle all of the
instruments.
<

thanks for the info.  That is just what I had in mind.  Right now I have
a functioning (I think) stabilizer, but I am morally opposed to electro-
mechanical regulator devices when modern equivalents are available.
Otherwise I love old fashioned (and perfectly adequate) devices & cars!

-Tony