RE: BRG paint

To: "'Robert M. Lang'" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Subject: RE: BRG paint
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:25:07 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>>If you are going to spray your car, spray it a color that _you like_. <<

I agree 100%.  Personally, it doesn't matter to me if the car is the original
color, as long as it's a color I like.  I've had numerous comments on the color
of my TR-6, all good.  More than one person has said something along the lines
of, "If they didn't come in that color they should have."

>>I would like it if there was a real color standard so you could
say: it's 1115 Pantone Red. Then we could all "see" the same color (in that
it would be repeatable).<<

The problem here is that we don't all "see" the same color when looking at the
same object.  We would need color meters to actually check, and then a color
simulator to see for ourselves what the color looks like.  Incidentally, the
color meters already exist and give a reading showing the intensity of each
primary color.  Some colors are impossible to reproduce on CRTs so the
simulator might take some doing.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring paint jobs!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra Mystic #1345 (the coolest paint ever, and not available at
the local body supply)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD ('78 Ford Dark Jade Metallic, because I want it that way)
'59 Triumph 10 Sedan (mostly primer with hints of the black to come)