Re: BRG paint

To: donp@ncweb.com
Subject: Re: BRG paint
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 14:08:01 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I have to chime in here. First a serious note, then a more light hearted one.

If you are going to spray your car, spray it a color that _you like_. It's
your car (or your wife's/girlfriend/SO, this being the holiday season and
all...) Find something that you can live with. When I searched for a color
10 years ago (wow! is it really that long??), I was totally anal about
getting a "factory" color. What I've observed over time is that what I
consider to be Carmine (the color of my primary TR6) is not exectly the
same as others'. That's just the way it is.

So, find a color you line and stick with it.

I'll also point out that some colors aren't as "color fast" as you might
imagine. So, you might get exactly what you want only to have the paint
fade or dull over time to something else. Keep this in mind.

Now, on a lighter note, is it just me, or do some folks see colors
differently. This is not a criticism of your (Don) views, but "chalky" -
"yellower"??? I like to stick to the "primary color" thing - you know:
"It's red. Maybe darkish." as opposed to "It's magenta with a hint of
fuscia...". I would like it if there was a real color standard so you could
say: it's 1115 Pantone Red. Then we could all "see" the same color (in that
it would be repeatable).

I guess that's just the scientist in me...

Later,
Bob "logos" Lang
TR6's (Carmine, Jasmine with bird dropping accents, Royal Blue with a hint
of Rust, Black & Silver)