Re: BRG paint

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Carl Sereda <CarlSereda@aol.com>
Subject: Re: BRG paint
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 09:29:36 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:53:42 EST
>From: CarlSereda@aol.com
>Subject: Where can find BRG paint?

>Hello,
>I ordered Triumph Racing Green and British Racing Green from Rimmer Bros
in
>England in 'touch-tin cans'. The TRG paint is quite a bit lighter green in
>fact a sticker on the bottom of the can reads'Light British Racing
Green"?!?

Yes, I think that the typical TRG is too "mint" colored.  The BRG (or
whatever
you want to call it) that was original on my 67TR4A had a definite blue
character
to the green, which the TRG seems to lack.

>The BRG sample is tha same 'darkness' as my 'in the door jam' color on my
'64
>TR4 but otherwise this new paint has visibly black pigment in it whereas
my
>old paint is beautiful dark green color through and through. I don't like
the
>'muddy' look of the new paint I got - does anyone have a good
formula/supplier
>for excellent British Racing Green paint?

I have seen the Dupont Jaguar Racing Green.  It is a wonderful color and
seems very close to my original paint.  However, I was unable to compare
side by side.   It seemed to me that it still had a fair amount of blue,
but
still maybe too much light green.  Nevertheless, it was the first paint
that I saw that I said:  "yep, that is the color for my restoration".  I
will
try to see if I can get a color match to some section of my un-faded
green (TRG? BRG?) from inside the trunk.

-Tony