TR-2,3,4-A - OK to run engine while stationary?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-2,3,4-A - OK to run engine while stationary?
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:08:33 -0800
   I've heard that it isn't good to run your engine for any length of time
while the car is stopped, but I can't see any reason for this.  I started
my TR-4A for the first time in over a year, even though it is up on stands.
 It ran fine.  I'd like to run it for twenty minutes or so to dry up the
moisture inside before shutting it down again for some time.  Anyone see a
problem with running it at about 1500 RPM for twenty minutes or so, with
occasional 30 sec clearing bursts at 2700 RPM to clear out any carbon build
up?
   Thanks.
John Cowan

BTW.  There was no water in the gas when I disconnected the gas line before
starting, no evidence of lacquer build up and the gas was evidently not
stale.  Guess I got lucky.  This time, I plan to add fresh gas and gasoline
stabilizer to the mix before the next run.
Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan