RE: TR-2,3,4-A - OK to run engine while stationary?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'John Cowan'" <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: TR-2,3,4-A - OK to run engine while stationary?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:36:51 -0000
yeah there is someone. Problem is you have problems getting the car up to
proper operating temp quick. That means increased wear onall components.
Plus if you shut it down too early you won't get the water out of the oil.
Leave the thing as is, put some oil in the plug holes and turn over with the
starter handle. I know its tempting to run it, but you better don't

Gernot