Re: TR-2,3,4-A - OK to run engine while stationary?

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR-2,3,4-A - OK to run engine while stationary?
From: Tom Strange <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:52:57 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John,
  IMHO .......... no problem.  Twenty minute runs are standard on race engines
I (& others also) build.  Twenty minutes @ 2000 RPM, check oil press, temp,
carb settings etc.   Shut down, change oil & filter, make adjustments, check
for obvious problems.  Repeat run, & second oil change.  Repeat third time,
re-torque head, drain oil, install in car.
  I left out a few details, but I guess the point is, it shouldn't hurt your
engine to warm it up.  I feel its better than leaving the condensation in the
oil to create acid or sludge over the winter.
  Hope this helped.
Tom Strange, Classic Autosports Ltd., Appleton, Wi.,  920-733-5013