Re: TR4 oil pressure

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 oil pressure
From: Dianne Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 20:38:27 -0500
Cc: jmwagner@greenheart.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Art

I changed my oil pressure relief spring about 4 seasons ago, when the pressure
didn't come back up after an engine job. The old spring had rubbed against the
bore it rides in and had worn halfway thru the coils near the center.

It is unlikely that a relief spring would get hot enough in the engine to lose
its temper. Age, wear, and fatigue would be the culprits.

Cheers

Pete Fullam
CT19207L