Re: TR3 Petrol gauge adjustment, wing nuts needed

To: Coday Family <coday@localaccess.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Petrol gauge adjustment, wing nuts needed
From: Alex van Zanten <A.van.Zanten@inter.nl.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 14:29:44 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Geezer,

I assume you have the original Jeager gauge still installed.
On the back of the gauge the two terminals should be labelled B and T.
The green with black goes to the T-terminal (the Full side).
Originally only a green wire goes to the B-terminal (the empty-side).
This green wire runs through the fuse unit (terminal A4).
On the back of my fuel-gauge I don't have sliders, but only one
adjusment
screw. I had my gauge overhauled, after which the reading came out
wrong.
This is being fixed at the moment. As I understood, you can regulate the
sensitivity of the fuel gauge for the amount of Ohms you receive from
the
petrol-tank unit (and there are different types of fuel tank units).

I suggest you try to remove the black wire anyway. The loose terminals
are not normal as you already guessed. Some overhauling would save your
fuel gauge for the future!

Regards,

Alex van Zanten
'58 TR3a