Re: TR6 clutch advice

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch advice
From: "Power British Perfrormance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 08:46:58 -0500
Tom,

Sounds like you're on the right track with replacing the fork and cross shaft.
Look
carefully at all the fork and clevis joints on the hydraulices - both at the
master and
at the slave.  The wear in the forks and clevis pins account for a tremendous
amount of
lost motion in the clutch.  Most often, the hole in the foot pedal wears
out-of-round
(egg-shaped) and all of this slop results in not enough "throw" in the master
cyl. to
push the slave far enough.  If you can push the clutch pedal more than 1/2"
from its rest
position before you feel pressure this is your most likely culprit.  Solution
is to
replace forks and clevis pins then remove pedal, weld up out-of-round hole and
redrill.

Good luck!!!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff