Re: Re-emergence of Triumph and Austin Healey names

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Jon Mac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re-emergence of Triumph and Austin Healey names
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:14:52 -0400
"jonmac"  writes

>Guys
>
>I'd appreciate your views. As many of you may have seen over the last 24
>or so hours, there's been some speculation on the British Cars list on the
>revival of Austin Healey and possibly Triumph.

I think it is short sighted at best.  What will happen is they will
cheapen the name (to which I believe they own the rights) which will
spoil any future attempt to do a serious re-emergence.  GM did that
when they "Badge Engineered" the Cadillac.  Cadillac used to be " a
cut above" the more pedestrian GM products but fewer people think so
now.

IMHO

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA