Re: TR6 heater return pipe connection

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 heater return pipe connection
From: "Andrew Dixon" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:02:42 -0400
Cc: "Brian Kemp" <bk13@earthlink.net>
Brian,
The reason for the adapter is to ensure that the other end of the pipe points
in the right direction to be connected to the heater hoses. If they didn't use
the compression fitting it would be hard, especially after a couple of
removals to ensure no leaks at the water pump end. Heaven forbid you
have to play with different lengths of teflon tape to get the pipe at the right
orientation without a leak. Life's hard enough as it is.
Andy