Re: flasher modules

To: james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: flasher modules
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 15:01:16 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/98 3:58:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk writes:

> I supose I anyone was feeling realy sad, they could workout what the
>  mean voltage is for these rated watages, so that we could make are
>  equations more perfect.

James,

I would be happy if they would just print the info on the package.  With rare
exceptions, the wattage is not even listed.

>  I would have expected that abulb when it's says 12v 21W is rated at that
>  voltage, but then again if it said 13.5V 21W people would demand a 12V
>  bulb because they had a 12 volt battery in there car.

I think you are right, it would just cause confusion.  Most of the time, it's
of no concern to the consumer anyway.  Just replace an 1157 with another 1157
and be done with it.  What I don't understand is why they didn't pick a
standard voltage and base all calculations on that.  It wouldn't even matter
what voltage thet chose -- 12, 13.5, 14, whatever -- just as long as it was
the same for every bulb.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74