Re: flasher modules

To: Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: flasher modules
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:25:45 EDT
Cc: tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au, james.carpenter@UKAEA.ORG.UK, peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 4/21/98 1:00:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Do I need to look for any specific voltage,
>  amperage, ohms, or any other stuff, or just pick one I like?

Sirmoog,

Pretty much pick one you like.  Look for a "heavy duty" notice on the package,
and check for the range of lamps the unit is intended for.  Somewhere on the
package, it will say something like "for 2 to 4 lamps," or "for 2 to 6 lamps,"
or, if it is intended for hauling a trailer, it may say "for 4 to 12 lamps,"
or some such.

They come in two types -- two terminal and three terminal.  For a '71, you
need the three terminal unit.  Purple goes to the terminal marked X, light
green/pink to the L, and light green/purple to P.  From '73 on, use the two
terminal type.  Purple to X and light green/pink to L.

The diameter of the cans is the same for all of them, but some of them are
shorter than others.  I would get the shorter one, just to reduce underhood
cluttter, and to lessen the chances of it vibrating out of the holder.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74