Re: flasher modules

To: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: flasher modules
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:23:20 -0400
Cc: tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au, james.carpenter@UKAEA.ORG.UK, peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DANMAS:
Since you are so knowlegeable, I'll push my luck.  Tell me if my diagnostic
skills
are correct with respect to the flasher "system".
I have replaced a faulty dash switch.  With all the wires properly connected, I
get an intermittent but irregular buzzing sound, approx once per second,  which
sounds like it is coming from the relay? No lights flash, though.
I'm planning on replacing the flasher module as discussed to see if it makes the
lights flash.  This would be fairly cheap.  But, I think the 71's have the relay
circuit.  Could this be the problem?  If so, what would you recommend to fix it?
Thanks,
Sirmoog