Re: Braided steel brake lines

To: Jody007 <Jody007@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Braided steel brake lines
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:20:41 -0700
Cc: TRBILBO@aol.com, AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jody007 wrote:

> <<
>
>  Craig Smith wrote:
>  >
>  > Joe, and others,
>  > Has anyone replaced the rubber radiator hoses with SS braided lines ?
>  > I see the upside of such a replacement but how do you attach them to the
>  > pump and radiator ? >>
>
>    Stainless steel on hoses serves  two purposes, to protect the rubber hose
> inside them and to prevent expansion. As far as far as radiators go a bit of
> expansion is a good OK. The hot rodders use a lot of SS hose wrap, that is,
> it's a sleeve that the normal rubber hose slides into and give the appearance
> of SS hoses. This may be what some people are actually seeing and assuming to
> be custom made.
>   Justin, out in sunny-floody Calif. should be able to fine the sleeve stuff
> at any big parts house.

I didn't start this thread... and I'm not the one interested in doing
this...   I don't like that sleeve stuff.  I don't like steel braided
line for radiator hoses... I'd rather just see the rubber hose... to
have a better idea of it's condition...

I do like Bill Burroughs idea of the silicone hoses though...  I may do
just that next time around.

--Justin
sunny-floody-rioting-shaking-etc.-Los Angeles.