Re: Braided steel brake lines

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: Braided steel brake lines
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 09:03:42 -0700
Cc: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In reading the messages regarding Stainless braided brake hoses, I have
noticed that several people have noted that they do not swell like the
rubber ones do.  This is very true as I have noticed.  As a result, one
has to be very careful not to overfill the master cylinder.  Doing so
can cause the excess fluid to flow out the relief hole in the cap.  I'm
particularly talking about the old Girling type that looks like the
Clutch master.  This will do a real number on your freshly painted
engine compartment.

Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer