Re: Braided steel brake lines

To: Craig Smith <smi2685@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Braided steel brake lines
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 21:03:46 -0700
Cc: TRBILBO@aol.com, AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Craig Smith wrote:

> Joe, and others,
> Has anyone replaced the rubber radiator hoses with SS braided lines ?
> I see the upside of such a replacement but how do you attach them to the
> pump and radiator ?

I have not done this...  I have heard somewhere... that they're too
stiff... and therefore... engine vibration/movement will be taken up by
the radiator itself.. thereby damaging it in time...   I can imagine
this would be the case for the top hose... and even though it would be
relatively long, I could see it having this affect on the bottom end
too... as braided line of that size is very stiff.

they make standard hose clamps incorporating a fake anodized fitting...
and this would help to hide the ugly/dangerous cut ends...... but,
personally... I find those clamps distasteful...  and to go through the
trouble of trying to actually plumb the whole affair...  I don't
know...  not me.

Anyways... clearly... you'll have to leave it to others on the group for
an experienced response.

What do the vintage racers on here do?  Bill?  Joe?  et al...

--Justin

--Justin