Re[2]: TR6 upgrades

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re[2]: TR6 upgrades
From: Greg Tobin <GTOBIN@BENDATA.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:08:13 -0700
Ford Explorers use the same kind of setup,and its a common
swap for solid axle drum to disk conversions on
big 'murican cars  but I don't think I could
squeeze that 15" size rim into any of my Spits....

        >The arrangement you described with the little drum inside the hub
is
        >exactly how Porsche solved the problem when it converted the 356C
to 4
        >wheel disc brakes in 1964.  The rear discs actually are a drum/disc
        >combo.  However, I should point out that the replacement cost is
        >REALLY EXPENSIVE! Try $150 to $200 per disc!  Obviously, you could
        >adapt some other manufacturer's disc/drum combo that are a lot less
        >expensive

Greg Tobin
1972 MK IV (Daily Driver)
1979 1500 (Garage Potato)
1970 GT6+ (enough boxes to make 1.5 cars)