Re: Triumphs as your only car

To: Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Subject: Re: Triumphs as your only car
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:20:55 -0800
Cc: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ian Southwell wrote:

> I'm curious to find out how many of you own Triumphs/classic cars as
> your only car.  Is it naive to rely upon a car thats at least 16 years
> old or should we coset them due to their increasing rarity?  What kind
> of mileages are people doing each year?  Anyone in the UK on our salty
> roads?
>
> Ian Southwell, UK
> GT6 Mk3 x 2 (They will run eventually...)

I have two cars... but I pretty much trust my TR 4A as much as I do my
Nissan Pathfinder.   Sometimes, I get the urge to travel to northern
california and visit friends.... a 500 mile drive...  I jump in the car
that is most appropriate for the weather...  period...  no special
preperations.... just jump in and go.  The TR 4A has made the trip
twice.... no problems.

This reliability is there because I thoroughly went through the car...
and concentrated on restoring the things that normally cause problems in
these cars...  with that work done... it is now a daily-type driver and
does NOT get much mechanical attention.  (I wish I had more time to play
with it!)

--Justin