Re: Triumphs as your only car

To: "Ian Southwell" <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Subject: Re: Triumphs as your only car
From: "Andy" <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:41:22 -0500
Ian,
>From 1982 to 1986 and again from 1990 to 1993 when I foolishly sold it, My
74 TR6 was my only car. I bought it in El Paso TX while on an extended
business trip and drove it extensively even on sightseeing trips around
Texas and New Mexico. I drove it home from El Paso to Huntsville Alabama
(almost 1400 miles). I then drove it daily, including trips to Florida,
Savannah GA, Indianapolis IN, Richmond VA, several trips to my parents in
Pennsylvania (800 miles each way). Except for the u-joints, which it ate
voraciously, and the problem where someone thought it would be neat to
drop a paper bag in the gas tank, I had no problems as long as I drove it.
The only time I had problems was when I took it to Germany and it sat
extensively. Every time I fired it up something broke; TRF was terrific back
then.
I say drive that puppy!
Andy

On 03/11/98 01:23 PM Ian Southwell said...