Re: Help, Broken Bleeder Screw

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: Help, Broken Bleeder Screw
From: Windoseat <Windoseat@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:03:50 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Brad;

Lotsa luck! I had the same thing happen on my GT6+ front caliper and so far I
haven't had much luck with drilling a hole and using a screw extractor. A
friend of mine who owns a machine shop suggested using a left hand twist drill
with the caliper firmly clamped to a drill press. I haven't had the time to
take it over to his shop but in the mean time I've been soaking the thing in
penetrating oil. I've also seen a replacement bleed screw with a threaded
sleeve available from Pegasus Racing for about $7.00. You drill out the
corroded bleed screw, tap the hole and insert the new bleed screw and sleeve.
If the left hand twist drill doesn't work I plan to go this route.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan