Re: Nasty Chemicals

To: suchak@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Nasty Chemicals
From: Dean Paige <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 08:58:23 -0700
Cc: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, Jim Barbuscia <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Before abandoning all hope, call your local Safety-kleen dealer.  The'll
> sell you the goods and then when it's time to change the stuff, they'll
> take the old away to be recycled.
>
> Just a thought..
>
> John
> --
> Come see us on the Web!
> http://www.jacksonville.se.mediaone.net/~suchak/home.htm

I should have mentioned Safety-Kleen. They actually supply the Citrus
based cleaner we use in the solvent tank at the Water Reclamation Plant.
The problem is that S-K puts you on a contract. They have a minimum
service agreement and pick up and replace your solvent at least once
every two months whether you need new solvent or not. For the occassional
home user this can get expensive.

I should also have mentioned that the solvents can be disposed of at the
Household Hazardous Waste days sponsored by most counties. Remember
though DOT regs limit the amount of waste you can carry in a private
vehicle, usually to 5 gallons or 50 pounds.

Deano