Ornery trim clips

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Ornery trim clips
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
Due to some trick of nature, the inside vinyl trim on my TR4's doors have
shrunk.  Consequently, the press-in clips don't hold them in place-- they
won't stay in the holes.

Has anyone been successful in 'stretching' the clip?  My experiences with
spring(y) steel tell me that they will probably snap if I stick the big
screwdriver inside to push them apart.

How about plastic 'drywall anchors' (or similar products) and screws,
instead of the snap in clips?  I don't mind seeing screw heads everywhere,
so long as water doesn't fall inside the door.

On another note, the passenger (right) side window glass doesn't like
going up.  It rolls down just fine, but on the way up it seems to lean
forward and then binds.  It helps if you grab the glass and 'help it up',
but that's a bit of a pain and I'm afraid someone won't do that someday
and the regulator will break.

Is there anything inside I can check for free play, or other nasties?
Anything adjustable/rebuildable?  Or do I get to spring for _another_
replacement part :-)

Thanks,
-Malcolm