FW: Re: ROVER 3.5L Alum. V8 INTO SPITFIRE

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re: ROVER 3.5L Alum. V8 INTO SPITFIRE
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:57:46 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match
"/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 14  global taboo body match
"/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 18]

     Date: Mon,  6 Oct 1997 10:56:33, -0500
     From: Spitfire15@prodigy.com ( CHRISTOPHER J REILLY)
     Subject: Re: ROVER 3.5L Alum. V8 INTO SPITFIRE

Mark;

I will second the below sentiment, and the Rover is actually LIGHTER
than a stock LBC, check out the Engine Weights page on the TR7 site.
There is also some information on using the Rover in TR7's there, not
sure how much more room they have, but it would give you a good idea.
If you decide not the use the Rover let me know... I may have a home
for it <G>. Good luck and have fun !!

Engine Weights :

http://www.team.net/TR8/Conversions/Englbs.html

TR7 V8 conversion

http://www.team.net/TR8/Conversions/wilsV8.html

Later
Chris in Utah

Date: Sunday, 05-Oct-97 06:15 PM

The Rover 3.5 is a Buick 215, my personal opinion is that it is one hell
of an engine. If it fits do it. One word of warning--if it ever
overheats DO NOT FORCE COOL, go to dinner, go to a movie, go have a beer,
or just lay down by the side of the road and take a nap.

Mark