Re: ROVER 3.5L Alum. V8 INTO SPITFIRE

To: Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca
Subject: Re: ROVER 3.5L Alum. V8 INTO SPITFIRE
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 00:45:50 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< HAS ANYONE OUT THERE STUFFED A ROVER V8 INTO A SPITFIRE.   >>

Larry,

I helped a friend do just that about twenty-five years ago!  We used the 215
ci Buick engine, which, as you know, is essentially the same as the Rover.

It's been a long time, and I don't remember all the details, but we used the
auto. trans. and a narrowed Chevy 12 bolt rear.

I do remember very well the first time we took the car out for testing,
though.  That session was cut short by the appearance of a cop, just as we
were preparing to ignore a STOP sign.  We were in a new housing development.
 The streets were wide, the houses weren't yet occupied, and we were having
fun!  A panic stop sent the car somewhat sideways, and as much as we knew
there was no explaining away our behavior, we couldn't stop smiling.  I don't
remember how much that ticket cost, but the car was solid, and my friend
drove it from Pittsburgh, PA to LA.

So, it can be done.  If you are serious about it, I can give my friend a
call, and see how many of the details he remembers.

Rich Rock
64 TR4
65 TR4A-IRS
67 TR4A....parts for sale