Re: ROVER 3.5L Alum. V8 INTO SPITFIRE

To: Larry Quirk <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: ROVER 3.5L Alum. V8 INTO SPITFIRE
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 13:15:44 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Larry Quirk wrote:

> HAS ANYONE OUT THERE STUFFED A ROVER V8 INTO A SPITFIRE.  I HAVE V8 WITH
> AUTOMATIC AND A 69 SPIT THAT COULD BE MATED.  IF IT IS "NIX" ON THE V8,
> I'VE JUST ABOUT COMPLETED THE REBUILD OF A GT6 2.0L -- ARE THESE A BOLT IN
> (ALREADY HAVE A FIBERGLASS GT6 FRONT BODY PIECE)
> ?????
Larry, V-6's usually fit better due to the piston angle (60 degrees for
V-6 vs. 90 degrees for V8).  The main problem is avoiding the steering
shaft with the engine and exhaust.

The GT6 is a natural since the GT6 was built from a basic Spitfire
chassis to start with.  All you need is the stuff in front of the
engine and the GT6 clutch hardware and Tranny.

By the way,  I want the Commission #, color, and location of your
Spit for my Spitfire database I am constructing.