Re: V-8's

To: Dennis Reese <dennisr@premier1.net>
Subject: Re: V-8's
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 20:16:49 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dennis Reese wrote:

> I know it borders on heresy, but I've been reading with great interest the
> thread relating to stuffing a V-8 in a Spit. Why? Well, I've just about
> convinced myself that this winter would be a great time to do that very
> thing to my TR-4. I'm thinking about a small-block chevy. Are there any
> other heretics out there who might have done such a thing? If so, what can
> you offer in terms of transmission/rear-end, other problems, etc.
>
> Or, maybe the appropriate advice is simply, "forget it you idiot, you would
> be ruining a great LBC!!"
>
> thanks for whatever thoughts come my way.
> Dennis Reese
> 63TR4
> 69 VW bug
> 59 Lambretta
>
> Dennis Reese, LM Spec.
> Allen Creek Elementary School
> Marysville, WA
> dennisr@premier1.net

Dennis,
I am leaning toward the "forget it you idiot, you would be ruining a
great LBC!!" theory, however there are a few places here in the Seattle
area where you can get some deals on Small block Chevy setups.  I saw
a complete Engine, 6-Speed setup including electronics (Port Injection
system from a Z-28) at Fitz Wrecking in Woodinville recently.

If you feel you must, that may be the way to go.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit (Woodinville, WA)