Re: V-8's

To: Dennis Reese <dennisr@premier1.net>
Subject: Re: V-8's
From: "The Stretz's" <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 22:11:12 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dennis Reese wrote:

> I know it borders on heresy, but I've been reading with great interest the
> thread relating to stuffing a V-8 in a Spit. Why? Well, I've just about
> convinced myself that this winter would be a great time to do that very
> thing to my TR-4. I'm thinking about a small-block chevy. Are there any
> other heretics out there who might have done such a thing? If so, what can
> you offer in terms of transmission/rear-end, other problems, etc.
>
> Or, maybe the appropriate advice is simply, "forget it you idiot, you would
> be ruining a great LBC!!"
>
> thanks for whatever thoughts come my way.
> Dennis Reese
> 63TR4
> 69 VW bug
> 59 Lambretta
>
> Dennis Reese, LM Spec.
> Allen Creek Elementary School
> Marysville, WA
> dennisr@premier1.net

Dennis,

In my opinion, (and it is only my opinion) you'd be better off stuffing
the V-8 into your Beetle.  You'd still get the adrenalin rush to satisfy
the Ricky-Racer itch, and you wouldn't go cutting up a rare and precious
automobile.

I also think you could modify the TR4 engine enough to scare you a
little.

Sounding like a purist,

Chad Stretz
73 TR6