Re: Re: Flat black on the TR6 body

To: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Flat black on the TR6 body
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 14:02:07 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All,

I used a Duplicolor semi-gloss black on my rear valence, it is very close
to the original color. The original was most def. not flat black.

As for the rocker panel color, my car was coated with an undercoating
material there from new. So was the '71 TR6 that our family had. I
stripped the '74 rocker panels back, that coating was not paint, but some
kind of undercoating. The color was uniform throughout.

Perhaps someone going through a thorough paint job should consider that
the modern "chip guard" paint be used in this area of the body.If I was
re-doing my car, I'd used semi-flat black paint and chip guard. Don't use
"just paint" in that area, regular paint will chip way too easily. The
chip guard paint is pretty tough when it comes to fending off nasty rock
chips.

bye,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? I'm not sure, the lawyer called again.