New owner: quest on TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New owner: quest on TR6
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:01:36 -0400
Hello all:
I picked up my beat up 1971 TR6 this weekend.  So far, I have a few
questions I hope the collective whole might be able to answer:
1) How do you work the choke?
2) What are the three knobs to the left of the choke, and what do they
do?
3) There is a lot of play in the steering, although the car drives
straight.  What are the possible causes?
3) What RPM should the car idle?  What oil pressure should there be at
idle (when warm)
4) When I went into the garage this am, it smelled like gas.  Nothing is
leaking on the ground.  Where could the smell be from?
Thanks for your advise.  I'm sure I'll have lots more questions soon.
Sirmoog