Re: TRF Summer "Specials"

To: josephb@bluedevils.aftac.gov (Joseph Burlein)
Subject: Re: TRF Summer "Specials"
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 97 8:12:50 -0400
Cc: trfmail@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Triumphs List)
Hey All,

        I gonna get to be known as the 'TRF Butt Boy' if I keep this up.

        I believe that during the Winter parts sale TRF announced that we
should
all keep our RED pricelist books and glovebox companions, because they
were not going to print new ones this year (to save money and trees I
assume).  Instead there would be a 3-5% price increase, and the 'List
Price' in the glovebox companion would become the 'Your Price' in 97  (my
memory is a bit fuzzy but I think that is how it went.  That may be the
cause of the price increase you see.

        However upon rereading your message you may be upset about the fact
that
the sales prices of the 'spring sale' are better than the prices of the
'summer sale'.  Nothing you can do about that.  However if you order $100
worth of stuff you get the 'spring sale' prices I guess (additional 10%
off), so is that really so bad?

        As far as sales go back in Feb Sears running a sale on Deep Sockets for
my racket set.  I went to 3 sears stores and all were out of stock.  The
price was $9.99 for a set of 9 sockets, normally $19.99.  Well I got a
raincheck.  one month later when the parts showed in stock I noticed that
the sales clerk had written the wrong part number on my raincheck, and
Sears told me I was out of luck.  So I waited for the parts to go on sale
again.  A few weeks ago they went on sale for $11.99, and I bought them.
Not as good as their 'spring sale' but atleast I saved $16.00+tax.

        It is just business.

Later,
JHD IV