Re: New owner: quest on TR6

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: New owner: quest on TR6
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:23:29 +0900
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:

> 1) How do you work the choke?

It is the knob to the far right (in the group of 4 in the center
console.
Pull it toward you.

> 2) What are the three knobs to the left of the choke, and what do they
> do?

They are controls for the heater, defroster, vent and temperature.

> 3) There is a lot of play in the steering, although the car drives
> straight.  What are the possible causes?

Worn out rack / front suspension.  Worn rack mounts.

> 3) What RPM should the car idle?  What oil pressure should there be at
> idle (when warm)

About 800 rpm / 45 - 55 psi is very good.  It shouldn't get below 20 -
25.
If it does, you probably need new bearings.

> 4) When I went into the garage this am, it smelled like gas.  Nothing is
> leaking on the ground.  Where could the smell be from?

There are brass plugs in the bottom of both carbs.  They have O-ring
seals
that go bad....especially if this car has been sitting a while.  You
will have better luck if you remove both carbs to replace the o-rings.

> Thanks for your advise.  I'm sure I'll have lots more questions soon.
> Sirmoog

Anytime!

Chad Jester
Seoul, Korea