Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 22:18:54 -0400
>The 240Z owners didn't have the emotional & physical stamina to bond with a
>GT6, so they got a creampuff that looked like one.

Actually it was based on the Ferrari.

>So the cars which present more sensations to the driver rank higher on the
>sports car scale.

By that logic, my old Studibaker Lark would have been the ultimate sportscar.

>Ahem...wasn't the appearance of the Miata based on a Lotus, & didn't they
>spend a lot of time "tuning" the exhaust to sound like an LBC?  Is anyone
>who drives this car likely to slalom through the orange cones in a highway
>construction zone?  Are we supposed to think they might?

Considering they are the #1 car on the tracks around here, unlike the pristine
Triumphs that live instead in garages, to get towed to shows where they are
parked
unrun to be looked at and never touched, hell yes the Miata is a lot more
sportscar
them most Triumphs are today!