Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 4 Jun 97 9:10:51
I love this thread.  It brings out the little cat in (some) of us.

My .02 cents worth?  Problem with the Miata begins with its lines.  Sure, the
Mazda execs tried hard to tune the exhaust note nostalagically, but they didnªt
get the look right.  A friend of mine (who owns an E-type built when he
was 3) summed it up best with this evaluation:  ªMiata?  A chick car!ª

By that, he meant that its appeal is directed toward women.  Of course, his
name shall remain withheld from his wife and the public at large.

--
Martin Secrest
74 manly Spitfire

PS:  I got a real kick the other day when I saw one of said machines with a
vanity plate that read ª90 Miata.ª  Hmm.  I guess the 90 Miata would be a
virtual classic by now, though the car has undergone no perceptible changes
since its inception.  And how many Miatas has Mazda built?  84.3 million?