Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.

To: johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net (John Haynes), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR - Hostility toward Miatas: Many of us don't get it.
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 19:44:34 -0700
At 10:58 AM 6/3/97 -0400, John Haynes wrote:
>5 AM 6/3/97 -0700, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
>>jealousy
>>
>>Thats all it is.
>     More like sadness seeing the past  slip away . We are a special group
>who are preserving a unique part of that past . It is sad to see some of our
>own seduced by the new models.  The fewer old English cars I see on the road
>the greater the thrill I get  when I see one.
>   Sam Haynes  59 TR3 (original owner)

Its sad to see the past slip away when its your past. We are like just
about any group who had our hearts captured by a type of car.  When the
people who wanted them in their teenage and young twenties die off or stop
driving, the car's value goes down, and it gets harder to find someone to
love the cars.  This happended to the restored Model As and most of the
pre-WWII cars.  I've already noticed that the T series MGs don't seem to be
worth what they used to command.

As far as a lack of LBCs in the US, you can blame a LOT of that on the
Europeans and Japanese who discovered cheap LBCs in the US.  You can also
blame the people who made a living off purchasing the cars in the US and
shipping them ut of the country.  Neither my TR3 nor my Land Rover is going
out of the country without me.

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

A citizen of the internet community since 1986