Re:Zenith help? (TR 6)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Zenith help? (TR 6)
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 21:47:55 -0400
Cc: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Michael Mason wrote:

> O.K. folks!  I am at my wits end.  Rebuilt the two Zenith Strombergs on
> my TR6.

                                  ~snip~

  No matter what I do, they
> idle at about 1600 RPM.  All linkages unhooked, so can't be that.

                                  ~snip~

> Thanks for any words of wisdom or solutions, no matter how
> off-beat...I'll try just about anything.  I want this thing on the road!
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Michael Mason

  Mike,

    You said ANY suggestions, so here you go.  When I rebuilt the carbs for my
TR 250, I had the same problem.  After countless fiddling, I noticed that some-
how the "by-pass valves" were at fault.  Since I'm not going to be road worthy
(I am not worthy, etc..:^) ) for a while, I just disonnected and plugged the
vacuum lead to them, and my idle returned to normal.  When I get everything
painted and back together, I'm going to find out just what these things do,
and what's wrong with mine...

     With just a small hint,

                                   JOE IV
                                   TR 250