Re: COOL CARSS [was: Bug Eye Miata???]

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: COOL CARSS [was: Bug Eye Miata???]
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:05:54 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Martin Libhart wrote:

> I was closely inspecting the finer details of a beautifully restored Bug
> Eye Sprite, two boys about age 11 or 12 approached from the rear of the
> car.
>
> First boy: "Oh man, cool!!  Look at this one!!"
> Second boy: " Ooh, neat!! I think it's a Miata!!"
> First boy: " Yeah, you're right.  They're so cool!!"

It's all in the training (with perhaps a bit of heredity as well). My
daughter (almost 8) and my son (5+) have pretty much mastered the spotting
of Triumphs by model, whether in picture, miniature (I have a reasonably
sized collection of die-casts) or "in person." Recently, however, they
have branched out somewhat and have begun pointing out to me "COOL CARS,
DAD". Among the most recent of those were a mid-1960s VW Bug (admit it,
they are still cool), a 1938 Plymouth (cool enough), a "Bucket T" hot rod
(definitely cool in a 1960s way) and a yellow/black circa 1950 Willys
Jeepster (WAY COOL).

The true test, though, may come when they spot their first Vega or Pinto!
:-)

--Andy