Re: COOL CARSS [was: Bug Eye Miata???]

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: COOL CARSS [was: Bug Eye Miata???]
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:01:05 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Henry Frye wrote:

> Andrew Mace wrote:
> >
> snip
> >
> > The true test, though, may come when they spot their first Vega or Pinto!
>
> Lucky for all of us, Andy lives squarely in the middle of the rust belt,
> so the chances are pretty slim of his kids seeing such classic 'murican
> iron/rust!   ;-)

Ah, Henry. You forget that I also live squarely in the middle of rural New
York State. When I was growing up in the late 1950s and 1960s, it seemed
almost every farm in the area had a Renault Dauphine parked in the field,
alongside the 1947 Dodge pickup and the 1953 DeSoto. Alas, those all have
finally rusted completely into the ground. Nowadays the few remaining
farms seem to have in their fields late 1960s Chevy pickups, an AMC Pacer
or two and perhaps a Renault Alliance! :-)

And there's that Ford Maverick I go by every day on the way to work.
Sadly, even I've not seen a good early Pinto or Vega in quite some time.
:-(

--Andy