Re: Drain Hose in Bulkhead

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Drain Hose in Bulkhead
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 22:42:25 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-01 22:27:16 EDT, suhring@lancnews.infi.net (scott
suhring) writes:

> There are drain hoses inside each of the
>  bulkheads (left and right) in my '70 TR6. We
>  replaced both bulkheads (originals rusted out), but
>  there doesn't seem to be any place for the drain
>  hoses to drain? Toni (Mt Joy Auto Works) is
>  inclined to install a hole in the bulkhead, put a
>  nipple on the inbside and attach the drain hose to
>  this.
>
>  Are we missing something here? No reference in the
>  Bently or the parts catelogs as to how these hoses
>  were to drain from inside the bulkhead.

Scott:

No, you are not missing anything here. The hoses just dump to the space
between the bulkhead and the fender. The water merely flows out wherever
there is a gap in the sheet metal. Doesn't strike me as a good design, but
that's what they did.

Please let me know what you come up with as a better idea. When I finish the
TR5.0 project, I plan to do something about that myself.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74