Re: Wire harness

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wire harness
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:27:18 -0400
Philip E. Barnes wrote:
> I will second Tom's advice and add a caution of my own. When I put the new
> harness in my car, I found that the Haynes schematic was wrong in several
> respects, so I turned to the Bentley schematic and found that wrong as
> well. I finally used 3 different schematics from 2 different books to get
> my car wired properly. You have been warned...

  I think "wrong" isn't quite the right word, I think divergent
might be a better word.

  There were many iterations and versions of such items along
the way, that changed at undocumented serial numbers for undocumented
reasons.

  The diagrams in those manuals are "typical" for year and
model ranges, but minor differences will appear depending on
the car and the state of the factory during the week the
car was made.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /