Re: Wire harness

To: Terry Kay <TKay@wpmail.us.dynix.com>
Subject: Re: Wire harness
From: David M Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:05:31 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Terry:

I re-wired a '73 spit last year, and had a lot of help here on the list.
 I suggest that you try to locate a harness that's a little closer to
the era of your car- especially in the 70's- there were a lot of
electrical changes going on in the seventies!  I was lucky enough to find
a (close enough to) perfect match (Thanks Andy!) that was an easy switch
in & out.

If you have to use a different one, try to identify where everything is
goint ot go before you get it in, so you can isolate (& tape shut) all the
leads that you're not going to be using.  It will make it less confusing
when you put it in.  It is going to take a little time on your back on the
driver's floor, but you'll get it.

Make sure that you have a good diagram (I used the Haynes) and label
everything & draw pictures. (probably the advice most useful to me)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!!!

I just tried to write out the colour scheme from memory, but failed
miserably, and don't want to mislead you.  If you need it, I can get it
from home- mail me personally and I'll send it to you.

Ciao!

--
David Brock                       dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca