Re: Wire harness

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wire harness
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:26:11 -0400
Hello Terry and David, just a `heads up' here,

 >Make sure that you have a good diagram (I used the Haynes) and label
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >everything & draw pictures. (probably the advice most useful to me)

My own experience with the Haynes manual, in trying to apply its
wiring diagrams to a TR-250, was not too good.  The manual was written
for the TR-250 and TR-6, but as I recall, the only wiring diagrams
in it were for UK spec Petrol Injection cars, along with a supplement
for the later US cars.  It was useful enough to determine which were
the `hot' wires, the switched ones, etc, by general color codes, but
did not apply directly to the wiring as found on my car, which is
what I was hoping for, since I don't know very much about car wiring.

I soon bought a cheapie V-O meter, which helped me greatly.
Good luck, hope you pass the `smoke test'.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio