Re: Employment Opportunity

To: Bob Wanta <bobsauto@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: Employment Opportunity
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 00:31:11 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob Wanta wrote:

>         4.  The apprentice will post a $5000.00 deposit for training costs
>which
> will be refunded after 5 years of service.  This deposit will not be
> refunded if the apprentice is fired for cause or leaves sooner than five
> years.

Bob, you're not looking for an apprentice, or a mechanic--you're looking
for a slave at his own expense. I've worked in a lot of shops, have a
hell of an education and tons of experience which I learned on my own,
and on the terms you described above, would never work for you in a
dozen lifetimes. People transported from England to America and
Australia in indentured servitude for crimes committed in GB had better
terms than those you offer. You expect someone to pay to work for you?
What unmitigated gall! You have offered no substantial credentials
whatsoever, and have not stated in detail the advantages of an
association with you. Funny, you don't even mention the name of your
shop, except in your address (Bob's Auto??? You've got to be
kidding....).  You're a fraud--if you cheat your customers to half the
degree you cheat your employees, I have one thing to say to you--others
here may think differently, but to my mind, you and your sweatshop
advertisements are not welcome here. Keep in mind that there are lawyers
on this list... your employees may be seeking their advice not for
Triumphs, but for discrimination lawsuits.  Stay away from customers,
employees and this list. Period. Plainly, and with apologies to all
other hobbyists on this list, fuck you, dumb and self-interested
asshole.

>         Thank you very much - Bob Wanta

No, thank you, Bob Wantabe.